Points from the Pastor's Pen
When was the last time you thought about heaven? I find it fascinating that when Jesus informs His disciples He is leaving, their hearts are troubled. Jesus comforts their troubled hearts by pointing their thoughts toward heaven.
In John 14:1-6 Jesus gives us at least five truths about heaven that will bring comfort to every troubled heart.
1) God has a place for you! You belong in God’s family. Jesus said “I go to prepare a place for you.” Heaven will be big enough for everyone and God wants each of us to be included in His family.
2) Jesus is the only way to get there! All roads do not lead to heaven. Jesus said “I am the way.”
3) Everyone needs to make a reservation! Jesus answered the question of Thomas with these words, “no one comes to the Father except through Me.”
4) Your fare has been paid! Romans 5:6 teaches us “at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.”
5) Each of us is expected! Jesus said, “ I will come back and take you to be with me, that you also may be where I am.”
Thinking about heaven encourages and strengthens our hearts as we wait for Jesus to return.
Have you made a reservation?
Do you think regularly about heaven?
Your Pastor and friend,